The goal of this software is to allow external GPS to be used in any App Store applications. After having installed the software, your external GPS will be seen as if it is the iPhone 3G internal GPS. It will thus allow you to use any App Store applications that require GPS along with your external GPS.
See this post for more details. The current version is 1.2 Beta.
- Added better support for Navigon, Sygic and iGO
- Allows users to select iGPS360 in xGPS
- Fixed speed =0 issue
- Other various bug fixes
- To download: Install from the ModMyI repo in Cydia.
- How to Use: Just install and other Apps that use the iphones GPS should work with your external GPS
Please note that if you want to use xGPS along with GPSSerial, you have to select “iPhone 3G GPS” in xGPS, or if you have an iGPS360, you can select "iGPS360" in xGPS.
If you find that an application is not compatible with GPSSerial, please do the following:
1. Using Cydia, install the package named “syslogd to /var/log/syslog“
2. Set up the correct GPS using the GPSSerial utility, plug in your GPS.
3. Start the incriminated application and wait for the problem to appear (i.e. crash or no position)
4. Post the file /var/log/syslog on the xGPS forum with the application name, the iTunes AppStore link and the firmware version you are runnin on.
5. We will then try to debug our application to make it run with more and more App Store products.
Please note that this page is still being edited and GPSSerial is still in BETA STAGE