English • Català • Italiano • Português
This page will guide you through the steps required to get xGPS running on your iPhone or iPod.
You will need:
- iPhone, or iPod touch (1G or 2G or 3G) AND an external GPS module, or;
- iPhone 3G or iPhone 3G S
To install xGPS, you will need a jailbroken iPod/iPhone. If your phone is already Jailbroken, begin installation. If it is not, and you want to jailbreak it, download RedSn0wand follow the onscreen instructions.
- Apple does not endorse Jailbreaking, and it may be seen as voiding your warranty. Exercise caution and discretion. Read related materials.
- Install Cydia package, "xGPS" the ModMyI repo, this is included by default. You can search for xGPS or look under the Navigation Category (this can also be done through Icy)
- Restart device.
Step by Step
- On the device, launch Cydia.
- Wait for it to load.
- Tap Search on the bar at the bottom.
- Search for xGPS.
- If xGPS is not found, tap Manage on the bottom bar, then Sources. ModMyI should be in the list. If ModMyI is not in the list, tap Edit, then Add. Enter apt.modmyi.com. Tap Add Source and retry steps 3 and 4.
- Tap the xGPS search result.
- Tap Install, in the top-right. (If it says Modify, xGPS is already installed. If you cannot find it, check any programs which hide icons.)
- Check that the data usage is acceptable to you, then tap Confirm.
- Wait for it to install.
- Return to Cydia.
- Hold down the power button, until a "slide to power off" bar appears at the top of the screen, then slide it.
- Once the device is off, hold the power button until the screen turns on.
You have now installed xGPS. For usage instructions, see Usage.